photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Keep it Simple Sunday

Tonight's Keep it Simple Sunday was turning into "oh my goodness, how long can it possibly take to create an easy, attractive card Monday!" LOL! Ever have one of those days? My Keep it Simple project started last night and by 11pm I still hadn't finished what I started! My husband had a good laugh when I came around the corner of the living room without a card in hand! So much for simple...However, I will have a fun project to show later this week. ;-) Tonight, I tried channeling Nichole Heady (she does the most amazing designs that are clean and simple...I've never seen one of her cards I didn't like!). I chose to start with a straight forward layout. This is a wonderful way to create a card or background for a card...Take two pieces of cardstock and stamp a background design on both pieces of paper and then layer them on a base. For this card I used a polka dot and word background stamps from Stampin' Up! The polka dot piece has been given a scalloped edge and (here's a true confession...I can not leave those little scallops alone!) added tiny rhinestones from Taylored Expressions. A piece of SU! ribbon was tied around the card, a sentiment added (really think I needed a larger, bolder sentiment on this card...next time!), and popped up a dark blue butterfly on the front as an accent. This basic design can be used again and again, you can change sentiments and background stamps, flip it on the horizontal, or attach a tag to the ribbon. I think I might even have a fun design to share later this week, using the scraps from this card....hummm....Stay tuned! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

This is super...love that color combo and the BG stamp!

jules p said...

I also love the color choices. Very nice. I would not have thought to put those together. I guess that is why you have a blog and I don't. ;)