photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Thank You!

I created a few thank you cards using justjohnna images a few weeks ago and am finally getting around to posting them...here's the first. The "thankful, grateful" saying was released in the Fall of last year and I loved it from the moment I saw it! We say thankful a lot but I love the added touch of letting someone know that you're grateful. Grateful seems to be more weighty, doesn't it?

I paired the sentiment with some of Stampin' Up!'s newest double-sided patterned paper. The large flower was actually cut out from the paper...isn't it lovely? The colors are so vibrant on these papers. I'm not typically a "bright" color person but the shades of orange, red, and blue are beautiful together. I'm loving it!

For the card I simply cut a few strips of patterned paper to run across the middle of my card, adding a scalloped border, lined with orange eyelets, to finish the belly band. (The scallop was created with a Stampin' Up! slit punch) The flower was then cut out and mounted onto the band, adding just a hint of diamonds Stickles to portions of the flower for a little extra pop. I rounded the bottom corners of my card and added that big 'ol thankful phrase to complete the look!

Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

Godelieve said...

Fabulous use of that sentiment Kim! A gorgeous card!