photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Monday, January 14, 2008

Just For Fun!

I had some time over the holidays to create just for the fun of it. Not that it isn't always fun to create but a lot of my stamping time is devoted to creating projects for design teams or classes. Since it was so quiet here over the holidays I had some time to play with some paper, stickers, and stamps that have been waiting patiently for me to take them out! :-)

Also, over the holidays I heard from a friend that I haven't talked to in a number of years, so I used some of my free time to create a card to send back to her. This also gave me a wonderful opportunity to play with my new Thickers! Who is a fan of American Crafts? I've heard of them but didn't know much about their products. They have all of these delightful sticker letters and numbers - love them!! I ended up with about six packs of foam, vinyl, and felt letters. The ones used on my card above are vinyl. The paper, flower, leaves, and scalloped border are all part of a Stampin' Up! Scrappin' Kit. Everything, minus the paper, are stickers. What fun!

I'm finding that I'm really enjoying creating a more simple lined card, with quick and easy layouts. These types of cards are not only easy to create but are visually appealing. I'm thanking Kristina Werner (you can see her blog here) for inspiration on using Thickers and simple card layouts. She's got a great eye for design...well...that would be because she's a graphic designer! LOL! And she has really hip videos! Thanks Kristina!

Happy Monday!

No comments: