photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

SALT Bi-Weekly Challenge - LIGHT



Happy Thanksgiving and welcome to another SALT challenge! This week it was Ruth's turn to set the challenge and she chose Light. Here's her description:

Light is mentioned so many times in the Bible, and has many facets of meaning and symbolism. I am the LIGHT of the World... The people walking in darkness have seen a great LIGHT ...The LIGHT shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it...In the same way, let your LIGHT shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

God cares for us in much the same way that a parent cares for a child. That thought was the jumping off point for my coaster artwork. My verse, taken from Proverbs 4:18, describes how the path of God's children is like the shining sun. I thought that this was a wonderful verse to share with a child on how beautiful life is for us when we know the love of Christ. I created this with a mind towards adding some journaling to the back page telling of my love for my own child and my hopes for his life as he grows.

I used paper by Cosmo Cricket, two double-sided sheets, so that all of the colors and patterns coordinated. The lettering are all rub-ons, don't recall manufacturer. The sun and moon images are by Stampin' Up!, cut out and colored with Copics. I had drew the arrow, the idea taken from a Paper Trends magazine...I like the added graphic and one of my rub ons fit perfectly within the arrow! Love when that happens! And aren't the hinges fun? I love the way they look on the outside but found out after I put this together that my book won't close! Yeah...I rarely try to figure out how something works before diving right in and, usually, making a mistake! LOL! However, I intended this to be something that sits out on a desk or shelf so I was ok with my mistake. If I had put the hinges on the inside then the piece would have closed like a book. I'll have to try another one of these coaster "books" another time, with the hinges in the correct location!
Please create a piece of work using LIGHT as inspiration and leave the SALT team a message so we can see your creations!
Happy Day!





5 comments:

Hazel said...

What a beautiful piece of crafting this is! I love it - there is so much in it. And the hinges are lovely (wouldn't have known that it wouldn't close - and, as you say, it doesn't matter - it gives it more individual charm!

artfulstampin said...

What a lovely take on the theme, your piece is so visually rich. Just lovely.

Unknown said...

This came out great Kim - even if it doesn't close! :) Too funny! Happy Thanksgiving to you guys!

Gillian said...

oh Kim, so much love has gone into this sweet treasure, I bet you smiled the whole time you created it....Beautiful way to share Gods love for your child xxx

deb said...

Love that CC paper - beautiful job Kim! Hey - come visit because I posted your adorable creations on my blog today. :)