photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Cupcake Take Two!


Here's my second justjohanna cupcake card!

I'm not sure if this style of card has an official name but I call it a pocket card. The two pockets are created from one 8.5" x 11" piece of paper. Using double sided paper works the best so both of the coordinating patterns can be viewed. A pocket card can either be used as the entire card as once it's folded you'll have a front that opens just like a regular card. However, for this card I decided to sew the entire card together, using only the front two pockets. And isn't this paper fun? It's a retired SU! paper and it's perfect for a celebratory card! Full of fun and love!

After coloring my cupcake and adhering it, with brads, to a circle cut with my Coluzzle, I created two "tabs" for my pockets. The tabs would be perfect for photos, a gift card, or a sentiment. The entire pocket card was attached to a Chocolate Chip card base.

Check back tomorrow for a tutorial on how to make the pocket card...

Happy creating!

Supplies:
All images by
justjohanna
Paper, inks, and embellishments by Stampin' Up!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

great card Kim!! love that yummy cupcake! :)

Hazel said...

Yummy card, Kim - lovely papers.