photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Sympathy Card

Sadly, I needed to make another sympathy card this week...It's been a tough few months for some of our friends.

The design layout is loosely based on a card found in the new SU! catalog. Mine turned out quite differently but viewing the photo was the creative push I needed as I was feeling rather uninspired tonight. I used cardstock from SU!'s new In Color line. One thing I love about SU! is how well all of the their colors coordinate, it makes mixing and matching a breeze!

The background image, on the green cardstock, is a combination of a canvas and french script stamps. The sentiment - so fitting for the loss of a loved one - is simply stamped on a very vanilla cardstock square and then mounted on a larger red square. I broke out a teeny tiny corner stamp from my new Papertreyink borders stamp set to decorate the edges of the square. The bee and leaf is from a long retired SU! set, Botantical Gardens, which is still a favorite. Both the bee and leaf have been cut out and adhered with dimensional tape. The leaf was colored with watercolor crayons. I then misted the colored stamp before I stamped to give the image that real watercolored feel. And the botton of the card was finished off with two rows of paper piercing.

Happy Wednesday!

Supplies:
Cardstock, hardware, ink, watercolor crayons, ribbon by Stampin' Up!
Corner image by Papertreyink

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice card Kim - great design! Sympathy cards are hard!

artfulstampin said...

A fitting card. Love the sentiment stamp, I have some of the others in that series, they're fab! Thanks for popping by and your comments on my blog. I am reminded of the story by Roald Dahl "The Twits", if you haven't read it... go get a copy!!!

Melissa Goodsell said...

I think that's a beautiful card Kim, sympathy cards are so difficult, but you've really done a gorgeous and tasteful card here.
Melx