photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Monday, August 13, 2007

Cupcakes

Finally had an opportunity to stamp this evening and have been dreaming about using my new Just Johanna stamps all day! This cupcake image was perfect for a topper card (I think that's what they're called) and this is the first time I've used this layout. A large image, like the cupcake, is the perfect size and shape for this type of card. And how about the saying? Isn't that too funny? I love Johanna's sayings! I have a nightshirt that reads, "life's short, wear cute shoes." Shoes and cupcakes, what else does a girl need! LOL!

My cupcake was stamped in Stazon and colored with SU! markers. I attempted a bit of shading on the cupcake wrapper, which is more obvious in person and small highlights were added to the cherries with my white gel pen. I don't have a large scalloped circle punch, which I would have preferred for the layer under the cupcake but using my SU! cutting system worked just fine. I also added some tiny flowers from one of the new Papertreyink "Borders..." stamp set. The middle of each flower has been pierced as well. The patterned background papers are from Basic Gray. I created a solid scalloped piece, to join my two patterend papers together, by using SU!'s notch punch. Each scallop has been pierced and colored with the white gel pen. Add a ribbon accent and I was done!

Happy Stamping!

Supplies:
Chocolate Chip cardstock, ribbon, white gel pen by Stampin' Up!
Small flower image around circle by Papertreyink
Patterend paper by Basic Gray
Stamps by Just Johanna



2 comments:

emilia in Taiwan said...

Wow!! I love this card & this stamp! How yummy!

Godelieve said...

Mmmmmmm looks good enough to eat! Great card!