photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Monday, August 6, 2007

Note Cards and Computer Woes

My apologizes for taking such a long break in between posts, seems my laptop wanted to take a long vacation last week, deciding to "drop" its hard drive off somewhere along the way! I hope they're enjoying themselves because I'm stuck at home, minus a PC and in desperate need of a new hard drive! LOL! Thankfully, we've been able to recover 90% of the data, which of course included the last two years of photos, but the hard drive is damaged and I'll be stuck without a computer for at least another week....sigh...All of that drama has also left me little time to stamp! However, I do have a quick creation to share...

These are two quick and easy note cards that I sent to a few customers. I have shamefully not used my Papertreyink stamps lately and I knew that their pretty images and sentiments would be perfect for this type of project. I used pieces of my Stampin' Up! paper pack for the background and whisper white for the top layer. (The finished product is 5" x 5"). My initial thought was to stamp, in a pale ink color, the images to the right of the white paper and then write my note. But I really liked the clean look of the finished piece and couldn't bring myself to write on the top sheet so...I used one sparkly brad in the upper left corner to hold the two pieces of paper together, creating a front cover that swings out of the way to uncover the written message beneath. I then added a tab with "instructions" to find the note, just in case it wasn't apparent. Quick and easy note cards...took about 10 minutes to finish both pieces!

Happy Creating!

Supplies:
Stamps by Papertreyink
Paper, ink, tab punch, and brads by Stampin' Up!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great design. Very fun and visually appealing. Thanks for sharing the "hows." I'm trying to learn!
amanda

Unknown said...

Very cute - such a nice idea!!

carebear said...

youre works are just super nice :) keep it up :)