photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

It's Here!!!

The day has finally arrived when I'm able to announce the BIG news.....The launching of a brand new challenge blog!!
The new blog, Salt, is comprised of eight designers (and I am blessed, humbled, thrilled - I could go on and on - to be one of the team designers) who met through blogging and are seeking to express our faith through our creativity. Similiar to the Daring Cardmakers site, every two weeks we'll be tasked to create something (card, scrapbook page, altered art) based upon a challenge. Each of the team members will take turns posting challenges and then we'll post what we've created based on the challenge. You'll find links from the Salt blog back to each of the designer's blogs so you can read a more in-depth description of each piece.
So...not only are we excited to share our work with you but we'd be thrilled if we inspired YOU to create something to share with US! Leave a comment on the Salt blog, with a link back to a photo of your creation, we'd love to take a peek!
And just a quick PS to share how I got to know these wonderful ladies...My sweetest friend, Gillian, over at Eclectic Me, contacted me a few months ago about the launching of this site and asked if I wanted to be on the team. I was speechless that I'd be asked and overjoyed at the prospect of partnering with these talented women. What is so amazing and truly a blessing is how not only have I become friends with Gillian through our blogs but how I've now met seven other dear women, scattered around the world, via Gillian and their blogs. It's just amazing and I am so grateful for this opportunity. And that leads me into Salt's first challenge...read more on the next post... :-)

4 comments:

emilia in Taiwan said...

This is a big news!! I am so happy for you! I have subscribed Salt blog and will keep follow you talented ladies' works!

Anonymous said...

You know, I thought that there was something different about you... ;) You were just too sweet! Now I know what it was... ;)

And here I thought you had a different sort of announcement to make. ;) By the way, when you have gotten your things in order, I'd like to link to you to show off your design.

Unknown said...

Congrats Kim!!! Yea - I know you'll do great and wonderful things and truly be that "salt and light"! :)

Gillian said...

It certainly is exciting news isn't it! :O)
awww...you really know how to make a girl blush don't you...
I'm just so thrilled to be on the SALT team with you! :O)