photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Stampotique Guest Designer - Birds and Bees Card


It's my last week as one of the Stampotique guest designers and I had such a great month! Thank you so much to Stampotique for offering me this spot. It's been a while since I've had time to be creative and this was the perfect reason to get inky. I had a wonderful time! And just a little FYI before I post my final project. I know it's been ages since I've posted on my blog. Almost two years ago I accepted a full-time offer for work and that has made it nearly impossible for me to find the time to create. On top of that, our family is moving yet again (it's a good thing!!) and my entire craft room is packed and will remain packed for a few months. Please feel free to follow me on Instagram (kim.schofield.12) where I'll be sharing sneak peeks into what's going on with us along with a lot of cat photos! :-) I'll be back to crafting and posting as soon as I can!!

On to today's project, which is supposed to feature birds and bees...but my card features butterflies and a place where you'd find birds and bees...that works, right?
I started my card by creating a background using Distress Oxide inks and water. I used a blending tool to apply the color and then spritzed on some water to create some fun texture.
I then used the Thinking of You stamp and Hickory Smoke Distress Ink to repeatably stamp the sentiment over the entire background, making sure to alter the location of the image so it wasn't in a straight line.
My pretty floral image was stamped on Neenah Solor White cardstock and colored with Copic markers. I did add some shimmer to the butterfly wings, but it's tough to see in photos. I ended up not using the sentiment I colored, but using the Love one instead, which was heat embossed on black cardstock using white embossing powders.
I fussy cut the floral image and popped it up on white cardstock for a little dimension. My main image was added to the card front with the sentiment and a few gems.

Thanks again for following along this month and thanks to Stampotique for asking me to be a guest designer. I had a blast! Happy crafting!

Products:

No comments: