photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Friday, August 4, 2017

Distress Oxide Card Set with Joggles Stamps & Stencils



Hello crafty friends! Kim here with you today to share a set of greeting cards that I created using a few Joggles stamps and one of my all-time favorite stencils. I also grabbed my Distress Oxide inks to create these simple but colorful backgrounds. Lastly, I used a double masking technique to create each of these cards. A circle mask allowed me to add ink to the card front while leaving a white circle in the center of each card, and using the negative space from the circle allowed me to cover my completed background and stamp the images without getting ink on the card base. This double masking technique gives each card a window look. 

I produced a video that walks you through the steps I took to create each of the cards. During the video, I’ll demonstrate the masking techniques mentioned above and will show you some quick tips for shading using Zig Clean Color Water Color Brushes. This was a super fun set of cards to create! I love the bright colors from the Oxide inks and the textured look of the background, which was achieved using the stencil. A set of cards like this would make a great hostess or thank you gift, especially if paired with some homemade cookies.

Enjoy and happy crafting!


Supplies:

No comments: