photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Monday, October 3, 2011

Inspiration Challenge

I was hopping around Splitcoast this weekend and stumbled upon the Inspiration Challenge. I don't think I've ever created a card for this challenge so I thought I'd play along! The challenge was to use a photo from the online store, 2Modern. I took a look around the site and found a beautiful grey and white pillow that I fell in love with! It was the perfect piece to inspiration me to create my card!

I started with a tree silhouette stamp from Sweet 'n Sassy, Love is Like a Tree set. I used white embossing powder to emboss the image on white cardstock. I then covered the cardstock with Pumice Stone Distress Ink. Once the piece was inked I used a cloth to remove any extra ink from the image and then misted the entire paper with Perfect Pearls. In the photo you can see the shimmer, love it! I used a blending tool to add a bit of black ink to the edges of the paper. I then used the Light of Christmas background stamp to add the script. (Even those this is a Christmas set, the text is small enough to work for any card!)

The side panels simply contain two pieces of designer paper and some velvet ribbon and bling. The sentiment was stamped on a white circle, mounted on a black circle and then I added some faux stitching. The added a few dots of liquid pearls to the paper banner. The finishing touch was a tiny pink butterfly! I really liked this challenge for this week...why don't you check it out!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Cathymac said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous! I love reading through your embossing techniques...thanks so much for your detailed instructions...now to go dig out my embossing powders!