photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Monday, October 24, 2011

Drawer & Card Gift Set

Happy Monday! Boy, I took an unexpected break from blogging last week! It wasn't for lack of items to post but merely a lack of time to take photos and get posts created. Hopefully, I'll be more productive this week and you'll have more fun posts to read!

Today I'm sharing a project that I'll be demonstrating at an upcoming Wholly Scrap! class. I found a tutorial for this darling drawer and gift card set on Splitcoast. Although I will be forever template challenged (I seem to always make measuring mistakes...please tell me I'm not the only one!), I found the drawer template easy to create and assemble. And I managed to measure and cut right the first time! LOL!

The paper I used for the drawer and the cards is from Kaiser Craft and is called the Hunt and Gather Collection. It's a beautiful paper line full of nature scenes, like birds, fish, and big 'ol bugs! The design also has a very vintage feel to it, which I love. Above you'll see a closer shot of the drawer. Don't you love that it even includes a little handle to pull the drawer out of its sleeve? So cute! The little saying on top is also from the paper line, which included a 12x12 sheet of journaling cards and sentiments. The paper is so pretty that the top didn't need many extra embellishments.
For the cards inside the drawer I decided to primarily use the remainder of the journaling cards since they were the perfect size for a standard card. For this card I only added ribbon, a button, and two phrases from the paper. Love the idea of discoveries and treasures, especially when one is out in the beauty of nature.
My second card features some of the designer paper and this delightful bug card. It's a massive bug that would probably cause me to scream if I ever saw one in real life, but he looks quite handsome on my card!
To dress up this card I embossed the main card and then added the cream designer paper. The two butterflies are from a Martha Stewart punch. I did add a bit of stamping, fun text from a Tim Holtz stamp, to the sticker file tab. (This line also came with a 12x12 sheet of fabulous stickers)!
And this final card features more embossing and this wonerful quote from Dr. Seuss. I also used the gold Dew Drops throughout the entire project to tie everything together. I ended up really liking the earthy color palette of the designer paper and cardstock. Right up my alley!! :-)

Enjoy today's project!!

1 comment:

Kim S said...

What an amazing collection...each is totally unique but they are absolutely stunning together!