photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge

Hi all! Today I'm sharing a card I created for this week's Sweet Stop sketch challenge. This week's sketch is, in a word, fabulous! What a great way to showcase a variety of designer papers and images. I have a feeling that I'll be using this sketch again and again.

This week's challenge was to not only use the sketch but to include "winged things." Of course when I saw the challenge, I immediately thought of one of my all time favorite Sweet 'n Sassy images, the butterflies from the Everyday Miracles stamp set. The paper I used on my card is from Graphic 45, such a great line and perfect to showcase this beautiful butterfly image. I colored the butterfly with Copics and then misted it with gold shimmer mist, which you can just see a hint of in the photo. The background behind the butterfly was created with Distress Inks, a blending tool, and a spritz of water.

Enjoy today's card and be sure to check out the Sweet Stop challenge...prizes could be involved!

4 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty card Kim. Love the goreous paper and butterfly image. :o)

Kathi said...

Lovely card. I love the color palette, the design, the butterfly, and the pearls.

Denise Marzec said...

Wowwww, absolutely STUNNING card. Love the papers and those three rows of pearls! Cool idea!

susanne said...

This is beautiful! Just visiting your blog and wanted to welcome to the Flickr group! Hope to see lots more of your work. You can visit me at http://www.lavenderandrosecreations.blogspot.com/
I love your C.S. Lewis quote!