photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Monday, April 25, 2011

So Sweet from Hero Arts

I've been a long time stalker of the Hero Arts blog; the artwork found on their blog is always beautiful. The design team and other stampers that they highlight on the blog always come up with the most interesting designs that are generally CAS (clean and simple) in design. Since our store carries Hero Arts, it's fun to go to the blog to see what has been created with the images that we carry and I'm never disappointed! I'm usually amazed at what they create!

A few weeks ago I found a blog post that talked about a monthly contest that they hold and this month I decided to participate; using a sketch that they posted as part of the challenge. Since I only own a few Hero Arts stamps, I had to be creative! The leaf image is from an older stamp set, the name of which I no longer have (sorry!), although in checking out their new catalog they do have a number of leaf stamps that are very similar in style.

I created a green shade of paper by using Distress Ink and then I stamped the leaf image three times in VersaMark ink on the green paper. I then embossed the images with gold embossing powder. I then just followed the sketch to create the card. The designer paper at the bottom is from Jillibean Soup, the button is from Tim Holtz, and the sentiment is from Sweet 'n Sassy.

If you're interested in the Hero Arts contest, you can check out the details here.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Virginia L. said...

This is so beautifully done, Kim!! Love your take on the monthly challenge at HA! wish you good luck on it!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kim. I love CAS cards, they are my fave and yours is simply gor-geous!! Good luck in the challenge, I hope you win!
Hugs,
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Hello Kim... I had to stop by and leave a comment on this card, although I LOVE everyting you do and I see your postings on reader all the time, I wanted to say that this card is WONDERFUL! ...HUGS...SK :)