photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Happy Summer!

Happy Monday! How was everyone's weekend? I had a class on Saturday and then worked for the remainder of the day so my weekend went by in a flash. It's scary that I'm looking forward to a new week so I can get some things done around the house. ;-) Today I'm excited to share a new Sweet 'n Sassy Cocoa image. How cute is that little Cocoa mouse, love him! This image is part of a newly released acrylic stamp set, Feeling Fruity. This darling set includes not one but two Cocoa images along with a boatload of sweet and fruity sentiments. (And how much fun is it that Korin is releasing new sets every WEEK!) Be sure to check on the store's site frequently for the lastest news and releases. I decided to go with the Happy Summer sentiment as it appears that summer has finally and fully arrived in New England. We've been enjoying hot days, cool nights, and a few showers thrown in...it's been delightful. Along with enjoying the weather, we've been letting the boys stay up late, eating far too much ice cream, and spending our morning, afternoons, and evenings outside. Last night we ate pizza on the deck and then chowed down on some chocolate ice cream...ahhh...it's so nice...it makes me happy. Since Cocoa looks so summery peeking out from behind the watermelon slice, I decided to grab some brand new super bright and cheery Bo Bunny paper that I picked up while working on Sat. (I wonder if I'm actually making money anymore or just spending it on new products?? Don't answer that....) I love the bright colors! The layout is from this week's Sweet Stop challenge and did you notice those tiny pink dots on the mouse image? They're part of a mistake I made that I decided to turn into a design element! When I was coloring my mouse, with Copics, I must have flicked the tip in the cap of one of the markers and splattered a few dots of pink right on my square. Arrrgghhhh....Then I had a light bulb moment! I'll just add more splatters so it looks intentional! Happy accidents are wonderful! Enjoy today!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very very cute! I really like the pink splatter marks - fun accident! :)

Cheryl said...

Very sweet! Cocoa looks great paired up with these bright, summery papers.