photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Monday, May 24, 2010

True Friend

Happy Monday friends! I'm hoping that everyone had a lovely weekend! We spent much of the day Saturday running errands (after I taught a class at Wholly Scrap) and yesterday we were at church. Both days we experienced beautiful summer-like weather...love it! Well this week is going to be a busy one... I'm going to have lots of Sweet 'n Sassy sneak peeks this week, leading up to our big blog hop on June 1st, where we'll be showcasing our brand spanking new acrylic stamp sets!! I couldn't be more excited that Korin has decided to jump back in to the stamp pond! I adore the SNSS images and I even love the digi aspect (so easy to store and inexpensive) but there's just something about being able to sit down at my desk and inking up an actual stamp that is oh so satisfying. :-) Today's card showcases one of the things I love about having the stamp set in my hands...putting my sentiment directly onto patterned paper and being able to restamp just a section of an image that I want to cut out and pop up (two of the flowers). This lovely image and sentiment is from the soon to be released Poppies & Sayings set (the poppy image is also available as a digi image). I decided to break out the watercoloring tools last night to color my card. To get ink, I squeezed the lid of my Distress Inks onto the ink pad, which gave me a small pool of color. I then used an aqua brush to pick up the color and apply to my image. I adore watercoloring and had so much fun with this image last night! Two of the flowers have been popped up with foam tape. The dp is from a new Basic Grey line and the jewels are from Little Yellow Bicycle. And how about that fab punch at the bottom of the card? Isn't it divine? We used this punch at the last Stamping Around event and I purchased it the following week! It's a Martha punch and I love, love, love it! Be sure to check back frequently this week for more sneak peeks and some more exciting news... Enjoy!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Love this Kim! It's beautiful!

Melissa said...

love your card--the lace paper and jewels are a great touch!

Kathi said...

This is lovely.

I'm glad she's getting back into clear stamps. Digitals are cool, but the real deal are much more fun and versatile.