photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Friday, May 21, 2010

Showing Tim the Love

Thought I'd share a card from a class I taught last week where we explored a number of techniques. This was the cracked glass technique, which uses gobs and gobs (that's a technical term) of ultra-thick embossing powder to not only deliver a serious punch of shine but once chilled (I kid you not, we put the heart in the fridge after embossing it!) and bent, a whole lotta cracks, ala vintage Tim Holtz style. I think Tim would be proud...Oh Tim, are you out there? The heart image is from a Tim Holtz set, Urban Chic, and the sentiment is actually from a OCL set, Growing Gratitude, the paper is from Basic Grey. All supplies purchased at Wholly Scrap! Enjoy and have a wonderful weekend! I'll be teaching three fab Tim-inspired tags at Wholly Scrap tomorrow morning...Can't wait to get inky!!

2 comments:

Kathi said...

This is really stunning.

Got any hints for me? Whenever I use UTEE and crack it, it all falls off. Sad. :(

Joy said...

Very cool! :) Love this!