photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Unity WCMD Challenge

Thanks to a heavy, all day downpour yesterday I was able to actually participate in a few World Card Making Day challenge...yeah! This is the first time I've ever had the time to actually make cards for this fun event! I focused on challenges posted on Splitcoast Stampers, even though I wish I could have participated in them all! This card is for the Unity challenge, which was the first one of the day. The challenge was to use a quote as the focal point on our cards. Since my Unity KOTM stamps have been far too neglected, I knew it was high time for them to get dusted off and inked up! I loved this bird image and knew it would be perfect for a....drum roll, please....Michelle Zindorf inspired card! Anyone weary of my MZ cards yet? :-) Not me...I just adore this style and it is far too much fun to create...I am a mess by the time I'm finished with one of these cards, my hands are covered in ink and I've got sponges and ink pads all over the place. I love it! This card is meant to look a bit like a tree branch over water (I say that because my husband didn't have a clue...hee hee) The moon was added with the negative space of a circle punch and white ink. I also added some text and swirls on the right side of my card for a little extra visual interest. :-) You can also click on the photo for a larger view. Oh, and the card size...isn't this fun, it's 4x8". Well folks I am off to relax for the evening...all that stamping yesterday wore me out! LOL! Enjoy!

4 comments:

Anke said...

WOW Kim what a wonderful card.

Anke

Jacqueline said...

You have captivated a beautiful scene here - such a great creative card!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!! You've got that technique nailed - love the colors!! :)

Donna Marie said...

Wow!
Great Job!!
I am sorry I missed all the fun..work gets in the way of all my fun!!
It is getting hard to tell the difference between your cards and M Z's LOL