photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Keep it Simple Sunday

Wishing every Mom out there a very happy Mother's Day! My two sweet boys (with a bit of help from Dad) surprised me with a vase full of beautiful flowers (and some hand picked dandelions from the backyard - how sweet!) and a homemade card. In the card, my oldest drew a picture of himself going to pick the dandelions! LOL! Today's card is not only a tribute to Mom's but to Papertreyink paper and stamps as well. I haven't purchased much from PTI lately, they have so many new and wonderful products that it's always too hard to choose! However, I had my eye on a stamp set and the new grid paper, announced next month, so I took the leap a few weeks ago and made a purchase. One of the items I bought was the patterned paper highlighted on my card. It's called Raspberry Fizz Mix and it is typically not a color I would go for but I just loved the designs so I went for it and I love it! The color is really vibrant and pairs wonderfully with deep tones and neutrals. I went for a grey/black mix on this card and since I really couldn't decide on which paper to use I used three of the patterns found in the paper pack! I then added a simple sentiment and three pewter grommets, from Stampin' Up!, at the bottom of the card. A dragonfly from the PTI set Pond Life was added as an accent on the patterned paper and the dragonfly's wings were adorned with a shimmery glitter. It's not your traditional Mother's Day card but it sure was simple and I love the look of those rockin' papers! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful card!! I love those papers - such a nice combo ! :)