photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Paper Clip Butterfly

Remember when these were all the rage? Seems you saw them on at least one blog a day...I haven't seen any in a long time so I figured I better pull this photo out of the archives so I can get the giant paperclip craze going once again! LOL! This was created with the help of my Cuttlebug and Nestibilities die cuts. And actually, this paper is from Deb over at Say it with Letters (Hi Deb!). **Side Note** Deb sells adorable shapes and letters created from MDF. She also sells kits for children and this paper was part of a topper that closed a kit I purchased. **End of side note!** I love this paper and there was just enough for me to use to cover two pieces of cardboard, which is the base for my paperclip topper. I then cut another scalloped and plain circle to layer onto the cardboard base. The tiny butterfly, named Rosie, and the "hello" sentiment are from jj's Odd Bird Planet. I added a tiny trail behind Rosie after attaching her with dimensional tape. A few snippets of ribbon finished off my big 'ol paperclip! How divine! :-) Enjoy! PS - You know you want to make one of these now so don't stop yourself, get to it! :-)

6 comments:

Teresa Abajo said...

I DO remember these! Ha ha - now I feel like making one too. What do you do with yours once they're made?

Godelieve said...

Cheerful!! Love the happy colors :)

Hazel said...

This is lovely. The strange thing is that the other day I got out some of the jumbo paper clips, but have been using them as they are to hold together wadges of papers - perhaps I need to follow your example!

Mandy said...

Very pretty! I love those bright colors! :)

Esther said...

I obviously missed that craze! I must give it a go thanks for the inspiratio!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Wow, this is so adorable.