photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

SALT Weekly Challange - Lent


As Kimberly is on maternity leave it was Lythan's turn to set the challenge on the SALT blog. (You can find out the latest on Kim and her beautiful new baby boy, Joshua, here.) Lythan chose:
Lent
This was certainly a challenge for most of us on the team! I think we all surprised Lythan! :-) Definitely check out her blurb on the SALT blog....

The reason for the challenge? Well...most of us either weren't familiar with lent or didn't celebrate it. While I was familair with lent I definitely don't participate in the tradition. In our services (Reformed Baptist church) we worship according to the regulative principle, which means we only do those things in church that are specifically commanded in the Bible (preaching, communion, baptism, etc.). Since Christ hasn't commanded us to give anything up for a set amount of time each year, we don't hold to this type of tradition. So I was stumped for what I could create because it's not something I could personally identify with....and then....the thought occured to me that I could reference scripture that focused on either Christ's sacrifice or what is required of us to . Thanks to our Pastor's suggestions, I found the perfect verses in Psalm 51:14-17, below:

"Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed, O God,
The God of my salvation,
And my tongue shall sing aloud of Your righteousness.
O Lord, open my lips,
And my mouth shall show forth Your praise.
For you do not desire sacrifice, or else I would give it;
You do not delight in burnt offering,
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit,
A broken and a contrite heart -
These, O God, You will not despise."

Love this! It outlines all that God requires from us...a broken and contrite heart. Sounds simple perhaps, but that's the joy of salvation, it's a simple plan...

My creation consists of an accordion fold tag album with the verses above written on the four inside tags. The last line of the verse (a broken and contrite heart...) is on the cover of the album. I broke out one of my
Papertreyink stamp sets, which I haven't inked in ages. I adore this set...it's versitle, the images are amazing, and I love the font and words. The paper is my favorite Crate collection, Crush. And all the embellishments, as well as the tags, are from Stampin' Up!

We are delighted when you share your creations with us...Want to create something based on this week's theme? Stop by the
SALT
blog and leave us a comment with a link back to your gallery or blog!









3 comments:

Hazel said...

Great contribution, Kim xxx

Gillian said...

Completely Wonderful!
I love this piece Kim Beautifully Made! and a Very Encouraging take on the theme.
the Psalm is an excellent verse to meditate daily xxx

Tania said...

This is really gorgeous! Love the colors and the idea!