photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Folder Album

**Front of closed, completed album**
**Inside of album**
**Backside of album (I couldn't not decorate it!!)**

My apologizes for my sporadic posting over the past month or so. It seems that most of my evenings have been jam packed with activities, leaving me little time for fun stamping and blogging! But I hope to make up with it with this nifty folder album, the idea which came from Taylor over at Taylored Expressions. She was kind enough to post a tutorial on how to make this on her blog and kind enough to personally walk me through one of the steps I didn't quite understand! (Thanks Taylor!!)

This sample was made for the next class I'm teaching at Wholly Scrap (if you're local, stop by and say "Hi" or join us for the class!) The class is called "What Would MacGyver Do" and focused on creating with supplies you can find around your house, such as a manila folder!

I loved the end result of this folder and intend to make more! This would be a great way to capture a few photos from Christmas morning. Wonderful gift for in-laws or grandparents too! It was super easy to make, especially since I used stickers and rub ons (first time using rub ons and can I tell you that I am IN LOVE with rub ons! Oh my, they are just fantastic and fun!!). The most time consuming part of this project is the cutting of the cardstock and aging all of the edges of the exposed folder. I think using more ribbons on the pull outs would be fantastic as well.

Really fun project, why not give it a try?! (Check out Taylor's album too - it's amazing!)

Happy Creating!

4 comments:

Hazel said...

Wow!! I love this folder. I must have a look at the site and put it on my list of things I'd like to do!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Kim! Looks so well thought out and very pretty! :)

Gillian said...

Picking Jaw up off the table....
This is GORGEOUS Kim, love every little detail, so wish I could come to your classes xxx

Anonymous said...

Your album is really beautiful!

xxxMarieke