photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Copy, Copy, Copy!

When it's close to midnight and you need a card for the following morning, what do you do?? CASE, baby! ;-) The beauty shown above is a copy of a card that was in the most recent Stampin' Up! On Stage magazine, which lists award winners for a set time period. (Deb, over at Thinking Inking - if you haven't been to her web site...go now...she's amazingly talented - won one of the 10 SU! Artisan Awards! Go Deb!!) Anyway...I used different colors on my card but I confess that I even used the same stamp set as the card in the magazine! So zero credit for me on this lovely creation but thought I'd share just how talented those Stampin' Up! ladies are! ;-)

I will, however, share how I created the card...The base is Very Vanilla and the size is 6" H x 4" W. The tab is simply traced freehand and cut out. I aged all of the edges of the Vanilla before adding any top layers. The top of the card is Kraft paper and it has been aged with Basic Brown and Really Rust. I then used the saying stamp to randomly stamp all over the Kraft paper. The edge has been tored and aged before attaching to the top of my card. (The open space between the two pieces of cardstock has been sponged with More Mustard.) The bottom portion of the card has been stamped on another piece of Vanilla before being torn, aged, and attached. I then stamped three of the flowers on Vanilla, colored them with my Copics, and cut them out. Used a copper brad in the middle of each flower, bent the edges a bit to give them a little more dimension, and attached each one with a stampin' dimensional. The word "believe" was stamped on the tab.

Love the end result and send a great big thank you out to the gal (since I don't personally know her I don't want to post her name, without permission, for all the Internet world to see...she might not want to be famous) ;-) who created this beautiful card!!

Enjoy and I may just be back with another copy tomorrow... ;-)

Supplies:
All stamps, ink, cardstock, and embellishments by Stampin' Up!

No comments: