photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Monday, July 30, 2007

Big News X 2!

I just realized...I have two big things to share!! One next week and one, well, one as soon as I can get my act together! LOL! Three more days...

Here's a card to hold you over:

This was created for a swap I participated in last month. The idea for this card was cased from someone (I really need to write names down when I randomly case!) on SCS. I've seen a bunch of cards using SU!'s Pick a Petal stamp set to create the shell of a ladybug. How clever is that!

The card base is Chocolate Chip and the Pumpkin Pie cardstock has been run through my Cuttlebug. The circles on the white strip is from the same SU! set. The ladybug was created by using a circle punch for the body and half a circle for the head. I drew in antenna and used brads for the little doo-dads (that's a technical term) at the top. I used two colors for the wings; So Saffron in the center and Pumpkin Pie on the edges. I then dry embossed the back of the wings on a mouse pad to give them a slight curve and attached them on top of the "body" with stampin' dimensionals. The dotted trail is from a Papertreyink set and the sentiment from one of my favorite SU! sayings set.

Enjoy and be sure to check back often next week!!

Supplies:
Circle, sentiment, and ladybug images by Stampin' Up!
Dotted trail by Papertreyink
Cardstock, ink, and brads by Stampin' Up!

1 comment:

Esther said...

Oooo exciting stuff!? Love the bug on your card, the colours work really well together