photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Friday, November 7, 2014

She Had a Dream

I know...I'm either posting a few times a week or not at all...I need some consistency!  (What I really need is some free time...LOL!)  I find some of that missing time yesterday afternoon and whipped up a sweet little Wendy Vecchi inspired wall hanging.  I also managed a sweet photo tutorial...Enjoy!
I've had this stash of goodies sitting on my desk for months.  Piled up, just like this, a pile of left over bits that I wanted to use to make a tiny burlap canvas.  I've moved these bits about a million times in order to get to some other object and today was the day I sat down and finally make art. (Links to all products at the end of the post).  The main cast of characters were some Art Parts from Wendy, a tiny burlap canvas, and some trinkets from Tim Holtz.
I started by applying a few shades of Distress Paint to my burlap canvas.  Just shake the bottle, open it, and start applying paint.  Great way to add just a hint of color.
And because nothing I make can be without a text circle...I added a text circle from a vintage book full of poems....swoon...The edges were distressed with Gathered Twigs Ink.
Next up were my Art Parts, using Wendy's Archival Inks.  I applied color with a blending tool.
Know what I love about Wendy's product line?  Coordinating Art Parts and stamps!!  To perfectly stamp an image on to a coordinating Art Part, apply Archival Ink to the stamp, keeping it stamp side up on your craft sheet.  Then press the Art Part into the ink on the stamp.  Much easier than trying to line up the stamp on top of the Art Part. Make sense? (Don't mind the ink on the back of my Art Part...I colored the wrong side! Doh!)
Here's the stamped Art Part! Isn't that the greatest trick ever!
I used black Enamel Accents to highlight the flower centers and set these pieces aside to dry.
I embossed the little bottle using Wendy's new embossing powders.  Just roll the bottle in Archival Ink and then in the embossing powder.  You will want clips to hold the bottle while you emboss and don't hold the heat gun in one spot for too long...keep it moving!  Hold the bottle while it cools to the touch.  Love how the powder doesn't adhere in every spot...so vintage!
To further decorate the bottle, I inked up a stamp from the Say it with Art stamp set and carefully rolled the bottle over the stamp.  Viola, instant design!  Give the ink a quick heat set before continuing.
And then...I assembled!  I added some twine to my tiny bottle, along with a tiny blackbird.  The two Art Parts were layered, using 3-D glue dots for great dimension.  Lastly, I added the sentiment and a ribbon, attached with brads (just through the ribbon and then glued to the side of the canvas), for hanging.  Now to find the perfect spot in my studio for displaying...

Want to purchase the products I used to create this project?  Follow the links below: (REMINDER - eclectic Paperie is offering a storewide 30% off sale.  Use code EP30 when checking out!)
Burlap Canvas
Distress Paint
Forever Art stamp set
Forever Coordinates (Art Parts)
License Plate Art stamp set
Say it with Art stamp set
Archival Inks
Embossing Powders
 

2 comments:

toni said...

Glad you managed to find a few spare minutes! This is gorgeous ! Xx

wendy vecchi said...

what a cool little ART!
love it!