Hi kids! I'm back with a new card to share...I know, it's been ages! Our family has been fully embracing the summer months and have been on the go each and every day. I finally had some time to play with...drum roll please...the brand new Wendy Vecchi products! Woot! Woot! Wendy's new stamps, stencils, and SiSis (Stamp It, Stencil It) products arrived last week and of course I had to grab a few of the new sets (or all of them!) And for one day only, eclectic Paperie is offering a 20% FLASH Sale on Wendy's new goodies! Just use code WENDY2014 when you check out...sale ends on August 5 at midnight (EST!)
So how about today's card? It features all kinds of wonderful products...can't wait to share! (And I'm sorry for not taking step-by-step photos...was working on a new video, see link below, and didn't have a ton of time left to create but the steps are listed below).
- Use a palette knife to apply a generous layer of embossing paste (white) to all four sides of cardstock (I'm using Strathmore Mixed Media cardstock).
- Use the new Lots of Leaves background stamp to press into the wet paste (be sure to clean your stamp immediately to remove all of the paste). You can see the tiny leaf prints in the paste.
- Dry with heat tool or allow to air dry.
- Spritz background with Dylusions Ink Sprays. I used Lemon Zest and Tangerine Dream. Dry with heat tool.
- Use Add a Stencil and Pumice Stone Distress Ink to add a layer of design to the card background.
- Use a blending tool and Gathered Twigs Distress Ink to ink the edges of the card. This is a great way to make the leaf pattern pop out a bit more.
- Die cut oval and use Jet Black Archival Ink to stamp flower design, from the Pretty Little Posies SiSi, onto the oval. Heat set ink.
- Lay coordinating stencil, from the Pretty Little Posies SiSi set, over the top of the stamp flower and color with Red Geranium Archival Ink. (The mini blending tool is great for this application!)
- Add bronze pearls to the flower centers and tiny white dots to the petals, using a white gel pen. Add faux stitching around the oval. Add small bow to the bottom of the oval.
- Use swirl from the Say it With Art stamp set to stamp a butterfly trail.
- Use foam tape to attach oval to left side of card and glue dots to attach the butterfly. (The larger butterfly is from the Little Bits stencil, I just traced it on a piece of designer paper).
- Stamp sentiment from the Say it With Art stamp set, using Jet Black Archival Ink.
- Mount entire piece on black cardstock.
PS - I've had some questions about how the new Ranger Texture Paste compares to Wendy's Embossing Paste so I put together a video...check it out below: