photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Christmas Tags

Oh boy...it's tag time again!! Remember last December when I participated in the Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas challenge? You know that time when I stopped showering or feeding my family and spent 12 days locked in my studio? Yeah....that time. Well since then I've been demonstrating many of the techniques used on those tags in my Wholly Scrap! classes. I've taught one class every quarter this year and this weekend is the final class of the year! (I'm hoping Tim holds this challenge again this year because I could stand to lose a few pounds and not eating for 12 days could really help...)
This is one of the tags that I'll demonstrate this weekend (check back next week for the other two! Although you can see a snippet of the second one in the first photo). For this tag, I used Distress Crackle Paint, which is fabulous stuff! I should have taken a close up photo of the crackling, it's amazing. Once the paint was dry, I aged and distressed the sides of the tag and then added the music image, which is from a Tim Holtz set. I then used Distress Ink to color my holly image, which is from Outlines Stamps. Once I cut out the holly image and attached with foam tape, I used red Stickles to add some bling to the berries. The post card sentiment was actually much larger, with lots of swirls, but it was too large for my tag so I cut it down and added just the words. One of the things I adore about Tim's techniques is all of the different materials he uses...things like crackle paint, which I'd never consider using for any projects. Now that I've used it, I must find more projects for the paint...it's just so much fun!! Enjoy and be sure to check back next week for the other two tags!

5 comments:

HappyCrafter said...

ooh, what a fabulous tag! Love the sparkle on the berries and of course the sheet music print in the background.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Awesome tag Kim. Love the colors and the great images you used... love the Tim Holtz style. :o)

Stampvanwinkle said...

Oh Kim, I so know what you mean about being locked in you studio for 12 days. :) I still can't figure out why our families need to eat.

Your tag is wonderful. Love the colors and the background. Great work!

Unknown said...

Ok, I have that stuff too - haven't used it . . . when can we play??

Kathi said...

Wow. Great tag. I love all the little details...