photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Monday, September 20, 2010

Custom Scrapbook Project

Good morning everyone! I hope you all had a lovely weekend...I was working, which is actually quite fun when you work in a scrapbook store! And then we enjoyed a blessed day at church yesterday, after which I came home and promptly took a nap! :-) I had hoped to share another one of my class cards today but I guess I didn't take the photos yet so...I'm happy to instead share the first page of my custom scrapbook album. I took on a big project for one of our customers; creating a 30-page scrapbook for a first baby. The husband is actually creating this for his wife, as a big surprise! Great idea, right? Of course it's going to be a real surprise since it might take me until the baby's first birthday to finish! LOL! No really...but it is a big project...I'm just about half way done and am hoping to finish a bunch of pages this week. This is the first page of the album, which will feature a lovely photo of the new baby (they know they're having a girl) along with her name. I'm bringing this ladybug theme throughout the entire album (every page will have a ladybug) as the mom is a fan of ladybugs....that might be the nursery theme too. The ladybug image is from one of the very first Papertreyink sets...love this one and it's worked perfectly for the album. Here's a close up of the tag, which features the baby's weight, etc.
And here's a close up of the name...I didn't have any letters that were big enough for the page (filling those 12x12's is no easy task!) so I printed out a font on my computer, cut out the letters, and then traced them on cardstock and cut them out again. Perfect! These sweet felt flowers are from SU! The rest of my supplies were purchased at Wholly Scrap!
I'll be back later with more of the pages...Here's hoping I get another 10 done today!! (OK, I'll be lucky to finish two!) Enjoy!

2 comments:

Betty said...

Hi Kim..beautiful pages I am working on doing a wedding album so that my neice can add her own pictures to it...Lots of work but I love doing them!!!

Kathi said...

Kim! It's gorgeous.

What a thoughtful gift. I'm very impressed with this father-to-be!