photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Keep it Simple Sunday

Umm...humm...cough...cough...ok, today's card maybe isn't all that simple...but the truth is...I haven't been in the studio much this week to create a really simple card so...let's go with this one and we'll just call it the "keep it Sunday" card. :-) This is a card I demonstrated at an embossing/die cut class this past week. As you might have guessed this card showcased the joy of embossing folders. I adore embossing folders, they do quickly and easily add so much dimension and design to a card. For this card, I started by embossing the turquoise paper with a swirl folder, giving me that beachy-wave feeling. I next embossed a piece of kraft cardstock with the bubbles folder and then created "sand" hills by tearing the cardstock. Adding a bit of Distress Ink to the edges created better definition between the hills. Once those two items were attached to my card base I simply (see it is simple!) had to add my wee crab (isn't he cute??) to the front. Mr. Crab is holding a sign with a sweet sentiment from Papertreyink. I used a 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" punch to create the sun. Humm...so maybe today's card wasn't all that complicated after all!! I hope you enjoy and have a very blessed Sunday!!

No comments: