photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Friday, March 5, 2010

Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Day and CardPatterns Challenge

Today is the day for combining challenges!! (That's what happens when one is short on time! LOL!) Today's card combines the Sweet 'n Sassy digi day challenge posted on Scrapbook News & Review and the sketch layout from the CardPatterns blog. There is still time to participate in the SNR Sweet 'n Sassy challenge, which was to use pastel pink and yellow on a card. There is also a free digi download available for our members and opportunity to win more images for participating! My card is a little light on the pink color but it's in there...you just gotta do a little searching. :-) (It's found in that darling new sparkly paper from sei that I picked up at Wholly Scrap...I'm caving and have been shopping every time I'm at work...Houston, I think we have a problem!) My sweet sunflower image, Flower Bouquet, is a new digi image from Sweet 'n Sassy (available for only .99!), combined with just a portion of a sentiment from a retired acrylic set. This week's CardPatterns sketch is below, which is a sketch they're using to celebrate their anniversary!
I departed just a bit from the sketch by first creating a box, using my ScorPal to make embossed lines, for the four strips of paper to live in. My diamond shape was just two pieces of layered cardstock, the yellow being embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder, and my sweet flower bouquet was placed on top with dimensional tape. Be sure to head on over to the SNSS SNR page and the CardPatterns page for their challenges and giveaways!! Enjoy!!

3 comments:

lizzaveta said...

What a beautiful card!
Thanks for playing with us @ CP.

Sandy said...

This is beautiful and I love how the flowers just pop! What a great use of the challenge.

Anonymous said...

Love this! You rocked that sketch for sure!!