photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Keep it Simple Sunday

Today's card is a sample of a card that I'll be teaching at Wholly Scrap in a few weeks. The class is focused on different coloring mediums; we'll use Prismacolor pencils, Copic markers, watercolor crayons, and chalks. If you're in the New England area, check out the web site for class times and descriptions! This flower, an image from Hero Arts (a stamp company that is becoming one of my favs and that our store to starting to carry), was my first attempt at using Prismacolor pencils and while I'm certainly no expert, I love how they work! The feel of the pencils and how they blend is wonderful. While I'm certainly no Asela Hopkins (her coloring skills ROCK!), it's obvious that with a small amount of practice my blending skills would improve. (When I'm looking at this photo it's obvious that I should have blended a little better! LOL! That's what I get for crafting at midnight! hee hee) I plan to use the pencils on more projects...I really like the softness of the pencils and think they work better with some images vs. markers. The background of the card was embossed with an embossing folder and the paper is from a new s.e.i. paper line called Happy Day. Button and twine is from Papertreyink and ribbon is from SU! I'll share the other cards from the class later this week (as soon as I make them!!!) ;-) Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

This is so pretty Kim, love the simplicity!