photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Friday, January 23, 2009

Hold onto your Hats!

It's not a black and cream card!!! I know, you're shocked...I am too...shocked that I managed to make a card just for the heck of it and that I managed to participated in a SCS color challenge, something I haven't done in ages! This week's challenge was Kiwi Kiss, Bravo Burgundy, and Regal Rose. And let me tell 'ya...I'm no huge fan of burgundy and rose colors! LOL! However, I managed to sneak them in there so my card would be "legal!" I think all of the stamps used, from Stampin' Up, outside of the sanded background behind the frog, are retired but I adore this frog set and the background is a delightful design. I even managed to use the required colors to watercolor the frog and dragonfly. Aren't I so clever? LOL! It's hard to see from the photo but the "you're unfroggetable" was made into a sign by using a part of a toothpick, which is just barely visible in the frog's hand. Humm...do frog's have hands? Well today we have been hit with a "fun" house issue..water is pouring into our dining room from our sliding doors. Sigh...I think because we have about a foot of ice on the roof of our three season porch and it's caused some kind of crack to form, allowing water to seep in through the molding. As I was pouring my coffee, I heard the sound of water pouring on the floor...not a good sound! Ah, the joys of home ownership! It was so much easier to just call a landlord to fix the problem! Where's that darn landlord now? hee hee I'm off to figure out just what our homeowners insurance covers... Enjoy your Friday! I'm going out to dinner with my friend Julie tonight...yeah! Leave all those home fixing problems to the hubby... ;-)

3 comments:

Tanis said...

OH NO! I hope that gets fixed without too much trouble or expense!!!
(cute card, though!)

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh nooooo, I'm so sorry to hear about your water problems. It is a cold winter and a lot of build up. Hope things are back to normal now. Your card is adorable.

Unknown said...

Cute card! I loved that set! :) Hope the water issues resolved!!