Starting this month, Johanna has challenged the team to create something (a card, canvas, scrapbook page, etc.) using the same object and any justjohanna images. For April it was a wooden bird, which she sent to the entire design team.
I had been stashing a few small canvases to use for some project sometime and once I received my bird I thought I'd try my hand at a collage canvas. Humm...it took me a few days and I'm fairly happy with the outcome. I do wish I hadn't gone so crazy with my aging...me and my aging (it's not only on my projects but I fear across my face as well that I'm having a problem! LOL!). The piece ended up a bit darker than I had intended as my goal was to stick with Johanna's colors, a pale sand color and pink. Creating this piece was a fun exercise; one I hope to repeat in the near future!
- I painted the entire canvas with acrylic paint and then used brown ink to age the edges.
- I used two justjohanna floral images (one a border and one a corner border) to decorate the edges and corners of the canvas. I used my Copics to color in just the flower sections of the border images.
- The ripped/aged background paper is from a new collection of Basic Gray paper I just received (love the colors!). The bird is also covered in paper from the same collection.
- The large scallop circle was created with my Nestibilities. I die cut a large scalloped circle and then used a plain circle to cut out the middle of the scalloped circle, leaving me with a thin border.
- The pink felt heart was stitched around the edge and buttons were added as an accent.
- The justjohanna image was printed out on a transparency and then cut into a tag shape. The large grommet was added to the tag to hold the stamped twill (the La Chripe sentiment is from jj).
- The bird's eye was created using a tiny velvet flower and antique brass brad and the wing is actually a "fancy tail" stamp from jj.
Enjoy and have a birdie good evening!