Hi there crafty friends! Today's card features a darling new stamp set from Sweet 'n Sassy, Holiday Hugs. This adorable set features this little penguin and a snowman main image, along with some snowflake images and a bunch of holiday inspired sentiments. You can see the entire set below:
Here's how I created my card (it's a wobbler card!)...
- Use VersaMark and white embossing powder to stamp and emboss the snowflake images on to a piece of white cardstock.
- Use a non-stick craft sheet and painters tape to hold you embossed piece of cardstock stable.
- Grab some Distress Inks and smoosh some ink on to the craft sheet.
- Use a paint brush to apply clean water to the entire background, then pick up some of the Distress Ink and apply to the wet cardstock. Because the paper is very wet, the color will easily run and blend.
- Once you're happy with the results, dry completely with a heat tool.
- Stamp the penguin image on a piece of scrap cardstock and color with more Distress Ink, fussy cut.
- Die cut two hills using the Hillside Edges die set, color the trees with Distress Ink (use a blending tool), add highlights with a white gel pen.
- Attach the hills, overlapping them, using foam tape. I glued the first hill directly to the background and then used foam tape on the second hill.
- Add sentiment to hill and on sled.
- I added a wobbler to the back of the penguin so that he moves! It's so cute!! I just cut a piece of heavy cardstock into a spiral shape and attached one end to the penguin, using foam tape, and the other end to the card. Here's what it looks like from behind...
I also added a bunch of glitter to the hills, using a Wink of Stella glitter pen, and shine to the penguins feet and beak, using glossy accents.
I also stamped a sentiment and the tree from the snowman image inside my card.
Be sure to check out all of the fun Sweet 'n Sassy holiday stamp sets...all are shipping now!
Visit my web site, or email me, to learn more about Nerium and their products. I've been a long standing Nerium customer, the night cream produces amazing results, and am so excited to now be running my own store!
If you're local in NH, contact me for a free, 7-day trial!