Hello friends, and welcome to this week's Sweet 'n Sassy stamp set release! This week we're showcasing the new Music to My Ears stamp set, you can see the entire set below. This new set includes one large background set, four music related sentiments, and 12 other stamps, including lots of music notes. So many possibilities with this set!
Here are the steps that I took to create my 5" x 5" card...
- Using VersaMark and black embossing powder, stamp the music background stamp on a piece of 5" x 5" cardstock. (I used Neenah solar white) Be sure to keep the image towards the center as you'll only see the image through the circle cut out.
- Using Distress Inks, smoosh some ink out on a non-stick craft sheet, and a water coloring brush add color to the background. The embossed areas will resist the inks. Since I wasn't using water color cardstock, I just dropped the ink on to the cardstock and let it spread on its own, which preventing the paper from peeling. Set aside to dry.
- Using Memento Ink, stamp various images from the Scribble Flowers stamp set on to a piece of scrap cardstock, color with Copics, fussy cut.
- Using a Spellbinders circle die, cut a large circle out of a piece of 4.75" x 4.75" cardstock, use foam tape to attach to the cardbase.
- Using a Spellbinders scalloped circle die, with a smaller circle die nested inside the scallop circle, cut a frame out of black cardstock, attach around circle opening.
- Stamp sentiment on piece of white cardstock, cut out with ribbon cut on one end.
- Attach sentiment, flowers, and bee using foam tape.
- Use Glossy Accents and Wink of Steller glitter pen to add some sparkle and shine, see up close photo below.
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed the project! Be sure to check out the Sweet 'n Sassy web site for the newly released products (there's a new die that coordinates with the Scribble Flowers set!) along with the new Christmas stamp sets!