Hi friends! Welcome to the latest release from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps! Today the stamp set, Truth Quotes 1 has been announced and I'm sharing a shaker card that I created using one of the sentiments from the stamp set.
This is a fairly straight forward shaker card, here's a list of steps I took to create my card. (I'll be sharing some technique videos in the coming weeks, so keep an eye out for that announcement!)
- I cut a piece of 3"x4" cardstock and created the sunset with Distress Ink.I used a large circle to create the sun. You can see a video demonstrating a similar look here.
- The bird, from the Nature Silhouettes stamp set, was stamped directly onto the sunset paper.
- The lighthouse, from the Landscape Silhouettes stamp set, was stamped on a separate piece of paper and fussy cut.
- I added foam tape around the entire sunset piece, attach the lighthouse to the bottom, and added my shaker card fillings, glitter and mica flakes from Prima.
- I set that piece aside and stamped the sentiment, from the new Truth Quotes 1 stamp set, on the pre-cut acetate. I stamped the sentiment in Archival Ink.
- The acetate was attached to the top of the shaker card.
- The frame was created with two Spellbinders dies; one nestled inside another creates a perfect frame!
- My card base was created using a stitch die from Simon Says, and I added clouds using a hand cut cloud mask and Distress Ink.
- The last step was to assemble!
I hope you enjoyed today's card! Be sure to head over to the Sweet 'n Sassy shop to take a look around at all of the beautiful stamp sets! Here's a look at the sets I used to create my card, along with a close up on the shaker card.