photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Monday, February 1, 2016

Thoughts of You

Sometimes you need a card and you need it quickly! One layer cards to the rescue! Today's card was created in a matter of minutes using just a piece of watercolor paper, inks, and stamps.

First, I used a blending tool and Distress Ink (Scattered Straw) to cover the entire piece of Ranger watercolor cardstock. Next, I added more layers of ink...Rusty Hinge, Fired Brick, Ripe Persimmon, and Gathered Twigs. To keep the ink blending smoothly from color to color, simply rub back over the entire piece with your lightest color, in this case Scattered Straw.

To get those fun splotty spots, mist water on top of the dried Distress Ink...it reacts with water! Dry and you're left with great texture. Since I can't be happy with a completely plain background, I added some stenciling using two of Wendy Vecchi's stencils, Classic Words and Lots of Dots. (See links at the end of the post)

The last step was to add stamping! To create more depth on the card, I stamped my images using white gesso, Hickory Smoke Distress Ink, and Jet Black Archival Ink. All of my beautiful silhouette stamps are from Sweet 'n Sassy. (Links to specific stamp sets below)

Add a sentiment and attach to a pre-cut 4.25 x 5.5 card base and my card is ready for mailing!

Hope you enjoyed today's quick and easy card...be sure to check out the product links below to grab your fav products from this project.

Happy crafting!

Supplies:

1 comment:

KimCreate said...

This is such a beautiful example of a pretty mixed media card. I love it!