photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Studio Table with Seth Apter

I'm joining with Seth Apter, and a whole bunch of other artists (visit Seth's blog for the full list), to share what our studio spaces really look like...well...at least those of us who create with abandon.  Maybe that should be create without any care for the mess I leave behind! LOL!  And so...I present to you...what the inside of my studio really looks like...
That's right...I work an 8x8 room that is located off of my dining room (shame that any guests have to look upon such a mess when they're enjoying dinner...oh wait, we usually eat in the living room because my dining room table is covered with school books...never mind...)  My hubby built in the narrow L-shaped desk so I could get the most out of the floor space.  And I have the majority of my supplies (I know it looks like the supplies are just on the floor) stored in a huge, antique wardrobe.

When I work...I simply toss used supplies on to the floor.  Or, as you can see above, I put what I might want to use on the floor next to my stool so I can look through them.  Wendy Vecchi stamp sets anyone?
Here's my pile of half finished projects...let's see, we have some mini albums, some cards, magazines to read, a big bag of supplies from my last class to be emptied, and projects from a March retailer event to finish.
And that tiny space, housing the blue art journal pages, is what I typically work in...what's that about two square feet of work space?  And that piece of wood you see poking out from the shelf in the upper right hand side of the photo is what holds my camera when I create videos.  Can you even believe it? LOL!  The good thing about having a smalls space is that it does clean up quickly and everything I use is very (very) close at hand!

That, my friends, is an unashamed look at what my studio looks like on any given day.  And about twice a year I can't take it anymore and I go on a major cleaning spree...that hasn't happened yet this year...maybe for Christmas...

Want to check out my videos?  You can see my You Tube channel, here, it's packed full of technique videos!

12 comments:

Kathryn Dyche said...

The space of a creative mind. The L-shaped desk works perfectly and I love this peek inside your studio.

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Ohh Kim, it takes courage to show messy craft room, even though we all have one :)
Love to peep in yours :)

Claudia N. said...

What an inspirational place to work in! Thank you for the tour! Loved what I saw!

Greetings from Vienna,
Claudia x

Kathi said...

I like that you use your floor as a storage space.

You sure do have a lot of stuff out and about. but I like that it looks like organized clutter.

BTW, I love the windowsill with the projects on it!

Tracey FK said...

my space is close in size to yours a it is 9x9... so I am looking at the l shape table and wondering if there is a way i could work that idea into here to give me more space...thanks for the inspiration...xx

Marjie Kemper said...

You've packed a lot into your creative space - what a funk peek!

Micki said...

I love love love that L shaped table hubby built you and I think an 8x8 space is perfect. Everything is within reach and honestly, I see lots of possible storage on the walls. I love it. And to be honest, even with me moving into a larger room, it's never large enough and my room looks just as bad, everything cluttered around my table and chair.
xoxo

Darlene K Campbell said...

Your hubby is a dear talented man to make that art table for you. Love your space and your creative work. Cheers-Darlene

The Creative Beast said...

Thank you for sharing your studio space here - I love how you have used such a small space for your creative work and it's inspiring me with ideas for organizing my own over-cluttered space!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'd give anything to have a table space with shelving behind it like yours, but that isn't going to happen, I fear. My space is 8' X 9', so it's not much bigger than yours.

Sheri said...

Finally! A realistic picture of what our scrap rooms, regardless of the size, really look like. Thanks for sharing this with us

Anonymous said...

Just goes to show... the size of the space doesn't matter, it's what you do in it! Love the L-shaped table your hubby built for you! Happy Creating! :D