photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Buried Treasure Blog Hop

Greetings everyone and welcome to just one of the many blogs along the Buried Treasure Blog Hop!  I'm so excited that Seth has set aside a day for many bloggers, designers, and artists to join together and share some of their favorite projects!  I hope you enjoy the hop and are inspired to get out there and create!  (Be sure to visit Seth's blog for the full blog list!)

I've been designing, teaching, and blogging for almost seven years so it was tricky to decide what to post...there's probably been more work that I'm critical of than those projects that I love so I thought I'd focus on a few firsts instead of just finding one project that I love...

The Be You frame above is the first time I played with Wendy Vecchi's products and I confess...I loved every bit of it!  I love that her stamps coordinate with her Art Parts.  And I love that big 'ol heart stencil...it's one of my favs (as you'll soon see!)  I created this frame just a few months after purchasing eclectic Paperie and to have Wendy join our team in a blog hop was a very special treat.  Sending BIG hugs Wendy's way!!  (See the bottom of my post for product links)
My second project is of the very first art journal page that I really loved.  Mixed media and art journaling was completely foreign to me when I bought the store but our customers were hard pressed to get their hands on good mixed media products (and I don't blame them!)  Since I knew it would be difficult to endorse products I hadn't personally used, I knew I had to start investigating this new medium.  It took some time for me to really get comfortable but the more I played with products, the more I got it, and now that I have it, I don't want to stop!  Art journaling is truly an inspiring and exciting form of art.  I love all of the variety, I love how free form it can be, and I love how vastly different one person's can work look from another's...it's just a blast!
Ahhh...a card...that form that is so familiar to me...This was one of the first cards I created for the Splitcoaststampers Clean and Simple design team.  I tried out for that team so many times...maybe six, over a two or three year period.  Seriously, when someone told me about trying out again I thought, "I'm done...no way am I trying again, I'm all over the making it almost to the end and then not getting picked thing..."  And I had just bought the store..."no time!" I said.  But...I did it...I tried out...just one more time.  I made it...It really was pretty darn exciting and I'm so glad that I gave it one more try and didn't give up.  Great time and a great time striving to stay with clean and simple designs...it's not as easy as it looks!
 Scrapbooking...never something that interested me and then I 1) got picked to be on a design team where they wanted me to create scrapbook pages and 2) I started to work at a scrapbook store so...I thought I'd give it a try!  While I'll probably never be a full blown scrapbooker, even though I think it's an amazing art form and fabulous way to document your life, I do have just a hand full of pages that I really love and this is one of them...and it's of my mom, which is super special to me as she passed away when I was quite young.  This one is a keeper...and it uses special paper from Graphic 45...Bonus!
Another first...starting to combine some of the mixed media techniques I've learned with stamping and with a clean and simple design.  How perfect...the best of all worlds!  This is a gesso resist technique combined with beautiful silhouette stamps from Sweet 'n Sassy.  The bright colors against the pure white background is perfect and this is one of my all time favorite types of cards to create...clean lines, dark images, and just a hint of grunge.  Divine!
 
Well I hope you've enjoyed our little journey...don't be afraid to try something new...you never know what awaits you...
 
Be sure to leave a comment on this blog post and those blogs listed below for an opportunity to win a product prize package from eclectic Paperie!
 
 
Supply List:
Wendy Vecchi Products - Stamps, Stencils and Art Parts
Autumn Blueprint Stamp Set
 

7 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh my giddy aunt Kim . . .swooning over each and every project you shared along with the story to go with it!!
Your gesso resist is brilliant,got to love a bit of grunge.
Hugs
Tracy
xoxox

Micki said...

Yup, those were my favorites too. Especially the Clean and Simple card and the Gesso Resist one. :-)

Donna-Marie said...

You know you picked all my fav's :-)I still drool when I see that page
xoxo

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous projects Kim. So many different styles. I love that you do a little bit of everything. Scrapbooking, mixed media art, CAS... keep it going girl!

Mieke said...

Love it!!!! so beautiful!!!!

Sabrina said...

All of these projects are so gosh darn stinkin' beautiful!!

Cat Stegall said...

Love your shop and all your creative energy!