photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Monday, February 4, 2013

She Sprouted Wings


Tim posted his February tag a few days ago and I managed to fit in some crafting time this weekend that started with the tag.

So...any time I've followed along with Tim's tags - and I have for about four years now - I always approach my creation in the same way.  I follow his techniques and then create my own design, using what I have on hand, since not all of us have all of the products (well...I have them but I have to send them to customers...ohhh...it's hard not to shop from my own store whenver the mood strikes! LOL!)

This month's tags included the following items that I wanted to be sure and incorporate into my tag:
1) Kraft core embossed paper
2) A main image that resembled a card
3) Twine
4) Using Distress Markers
5) Using Distress Stain
6) Incorporating metal
7) Using foam tape to pop up one part of the main image

First I created the background of my tag just like Tim did in his tutorial...Barn Door Distress Stain, aged the edges, Black Soot Distress Ink.  Then, since I don't have the stamp set he used, I just grabbed a text stamp that I love and stamped portions of it a few times on the background.
 
Then I grabbed my stash of Kraft Core-dinations cardstock (yes, I think I'm adding this back to the store...it's just too good not to share!), ran it through my Vagabond in a Tim-designed embossing folder, sanded the embossed areas, tore the edges, and attached the pieces to the top and bottom of the tag.
 
Next came my main image....I did snag this great stamp set, She Sprouted Wings (Unity), from the store and stamped it once on cream cardstock (note that I am out of watercolor paper!  This is tragic!).  I then used a ruler and a black Zig pen to toss in a few lines...kind of like that playing card look.  Got to work with my Distress Markers...When I watercolor with the markers, I scribble on my non-stick craft sheet, and then use a water brush to pick up water and apply it to the paper.  Once my little lady was colored, I cut out my "card" and attached it, with foam tape, to the tag (with aged edges..of course)!  Next I stamped the image again, colored just the wings, cut them out and attached them to the main image. 
 
Then my lady got a crown...of course...
 
My last step was to add the twine (OK, never considered using my blending tool and Distress Ink to color the white part of the twine...duh...), sentiment and label sticker.  Oh, and the tag "string" made out of tissue tape....yet another time I smacked my head and said, "why didn't I think of that?!"
 
Hope you enjoyed today's tag...Head on over to Tim's blog to play along!!
 

15 comments:

Erin Smetak said...

Gorgeous tag!!

Dianne said...

Really a cool tag love it.

BLockHEad said...

Fabulous tag

Marjie Kemper said...

Oooh lah lah! Love how you've colored her and added those awesome wings. Must pin!

Cynthia said...

Awesome tag! I love how you made a card out of the image. And the sentiment is just too cool!!

Sandy said...

This is really grand - I do need to try out some of his ideas one day.
Sandy

Unknown said...

I love the butterfly wings! your colors look amazing together as well!!

www.hokiecoyote.com said...

Very impressive queen! I love all the little touches you added.

Anonymous said...

Love it!! Especially the image...well done!

Anonymous said...

Love it!! Especially your queen...love the wings :)

Colleen said...

Kim,
I love the approach you take with Tim's tags. I'm very new to this and do not have all the materials he uses. You show the novice a different approach. I'm giving it another try. Thanks for your inspiration.

Caroline said...

Gorgeous tag. I love the French style that I see in the tag.

DuhBe said...

I really like your interpretation of the Feb tag. Saw your upload on the TH post, so I came over to get a better look.

Unknown said...

Fabulous tag! What a great stamp.

GothBarbie said...

Stunning and FUN! Great job!