photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Monday, December 10, 2012

You're a Blessing

My stint **sniff, sniff** with the Splitcoast CAS team has come to a close.  The three months went by so quickly and was such an enjoyable experience.  It was so much fun to work on creating truly clean and simple cards and I loved getting to the point where I was able to create cards quickly.  Much different than my normal 'one hour per card' time frame!

Today was the first day for the new winter team but I thought I'd play along anyway.  This week's challenge was based on being inspired by fabric.  I was a bit literal with my card design, as this looks almost identical to the fabric...but I really liked the pattern! :-)

I started by embossing the flowers with clear embossing powder, then I used a blending tool and grey ink to cover the entire card. Next I stamped the leaves in grey and brown. Added my sentiment and red rhinestones to the flower middles. Loving these colors together and it was fun to pull out a stamp set I haven't touched in years!  This is a combination of two sets from Papertreyink.  I think the flowers are from one of the very first sets Nicole released.  Fun to play with some of the first acrylic stamps I purchased!

Enjoy!

No comments: