photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Monday, October 8, 2012

A Thankful Heart


Hi friends and welcome to this week's Splitcocast CAS challenge!  This week's challenge was to use plaid.  Humm...I had a bizillion ideas when it came to using plaid on a card.  Do I just use designer paper, do I create my own plaid, or do I use a darling stamp set with plaid accents?  I think you can see what option won! :-)  (Although I did play with the other two options too...just 'cause stamping is so much fun!)
 
The stamps I used on my card are from one of my new fav stamp companies, Wplus9.  I love their designs, the stamp quality, and the coordinating dies.  I used the Pretty Patches: Apple stamp set and cooridnating die for this card along with a plaid image from the Country Charm set.  So...I have a little plaid on my heart, leaf, and behind the apple.  Isn't this the cutest little set?  Love it!  I used the following Distress Inks for the colors; Fried Brick, Crushed Olive, Spun Sugar, and Pumice Stone.

Enjoy and spend some time crafting today...you won't regret it!
 
 

2 comments:

HappyCrafter said...

This is lovely-so soft and elegant, and I really like the calm neutral colours.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Kim. Love the great textures.