photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Friday, September 14, 2012

Sweet 'n Sassy Fall Frenzy Blog Hop


Hi everyone and welcome to Sweet 'n Sassy's Fall Frenzy Blog Hop!!  Now...Korin said that I should tell you I'm excited about Fall...but...umm....to be perfectly honest, I really don't want summer to end so let's just say that I'm super excited to share Fall-themed projects created with Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps!  Woot! Woot!

You should have come here from Jennifer Ingle...did you?  If not, that's ok but be sure to head back to the Sweet 'n Sassy blog to make sure you don't miss out on any of the fun!

Now let's get to the cards!!  My first card was created using the Leaf Silhouettes stamp set.  I think we all know how I feel about silhouette images...I puffy heart them...seriously, they are one of my favorites!  This set is so divine and don't the leaves look beautiful all dressed up in their Distress Ink colors?  Oh, la, la...  The background for this card was created using Kraft Core Core-dinations cardstock and an embossing (oh, I'm sorry M-Bossabilities!) folder from Spellbinders called Elite.  Have you tried Spellbinders embossing folders?  No?  Oh my, put these on your Christmas list because they are fab-u-lous!
This next card was creted using the Autumn Leaves stamp set and I went a little artsy, technique-y (that's a serious crafter term) with this card.  I started with a canvas ATC from Inkssentials.  (The ATC size is so perfect to use on cards!)  Then I swiped some nice fall Distress Inks on my non-stick craft sheet and hit 'em with some water from my mini mister.  Once the ink was beading, I swiped the canvas through the ink.  And I am loving the background result.  It's the perfect colors of Fall!
 
Here's a close up shot...Once the background was dry I stamped the leaves on to the canvas (press down hard when stamping on canvas) and added the sentiment in Tuxedo Black ink.
 
Then I got busy on my extra leave by stamping in on a scrap piece of cardstock and coloring with Copics.  Once the leaf was cut out it was attached with foam tape and I just added a few gold mini pearls.  Fun, right?
 

Want to see what the rest of the Design Divas have created?  They have some fabulous eye candy for you today featuring our wonderful selection of Fall stamps so we hope you'll hop along with us today!  Hop on over to Ceal Pritchett from here and enjoy!!

Be sure not to miss a single stop along the way because we'll be drawing one lucky commenter from a random DT blog to win a $25 credit to the store!!

Here's the list of blog participating in today's hop:















When you're done hopping be sure to join us for a fun day of challenges over in our Splitcoaststampers forum.  We're giving away some fun prizes, too, so don't miss it! We look forward to seeing your fabulous Fall creations!

27 comments:

Jingle said...

These are both so pretty!

Kim S said...

I love the simple falling leaves - cute and totally perfect for autumn. And your "technique-y" card is stunning!

Carol L said...

The first card is beautiful, but the ATC card just blows me away with that beautiful stamping technique! Very creative and simply gorgeous!

Tricia T said...

Both of the cards are beautiful, Kim, but I just *love* the first one! The colors of those leaves, the embossing and the layout. Love it!!

Unknown said...

The simplicity of the "Leaf" card is remarkable. The "Artsy" card is stunning! I am confused about how you mounted the canvas, it appears as if the pearls are not "on" the card.

Kim said...

Kathy - A piece of cardstock has been added to the back of the canvas and then I used foam tape to attach it to the card. The pearls are self-adhesive and are simply placed on the card. I think the shadowing makes it appear as if the canvas is higher off the card than it actually is...

Victoria H. said...

Gorgeous colors and love the technique on the canvas....gonna have to try it! Thanks for the inspiration.

merrymstamper said...

Lovely creations!!! the Artsy technique is a gorgeous combo with these Autumn leaves. wow.

Cynthia said...

Both designs are lovely, Kim! Love the rich colors you have used.

Jess said...

beautiful cards!

Cathymac said...

Both cards are gorgeous, Kim...the second one is my favorite! Love techniques with distress inks and the colors you achieved with this one is so beautiful! The gold pearls add a touch of elegance to an already pretty fall card!

Marlena M. said...

I love the textures and colors here Kim.

Miriam Prantner said...

Great cards! Love the design and embossing on the first, and that background on the second is BEAUTIFUL!

Jennie said...

Fab design using Leaf Silhouettes and the leaves just pop in those beautiful colors. Your canvas card is so very artsy and LOVE the techniques yo used. Just pops!!!

Sue D said...

Wonderful fall cards--I really like the way you colored and stamped on the canvas on the second card.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely card Kim. The fall colors are gorgeous... and I also love the canvas! Neat textures!

Mary K said...

Love these cards with their bright fall colors. Thanks for the technique-y idea..will try that one for sure as the end result is fabulous!

Penny Walker said...

Great cards love your techniques.

buggin2stamp said...

Wow! You know how to utilize that wonderful white space. I love layouts on both of these. I love the "artsy technique" on your second card. So rich, fall-like and gorgeous!

Lori said...

Very elegant cards!

Pati said...

Cool embossed background on the card and very cool artsy canvas on the second card, I want to try that technique!!

Maria V. said...

Fall is in the air, with your beautiful cards I am ready for some cool fall colors and new technics.
Maria.

Rosy Newlun said...

Both are completely classic--love those leaves!!!

Indy's Designs said...

Fabulous cards! Love those fall colors!

christi said...

cute cards. the atc is so neat with the fall colored pearls.

mauiquilter said...

Know it's not good to covet things, however I love your second card - someday I want to be able to follow your techniques and make my own version. As for now, I will satisfy the yearning by enjoying yours - truly gorgeous!

Unknown said...

So pretty, Kim! They are both fabulous and I love that layout on the second one too!!! Wonderful job on the hop!