photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Monday, May 21, 2012

My Crafty Dreams...

have come true....That's right, I finally was the opportunity to take a class with Tim!!  Tim...sigh...my crafty crush.  Not only do I love Tim's style but I'm continually amazed by his level of creativity.  And it turns out that he is not only a great instructor but has a fantastic sense of humor.  He had the entire classroom laughing out loud numerous times.  It was such a memorable and fun experience! 
I attended the class with a few ladies that I've become friends with since working at Wholly Scrap!  The craft industry is seriously the most amazing industry out there.  It's such a treat to work with and around such creative and inspiring women (and a few men!)
Here's our classroom (the classes were held at Absolutely Everything), about 85 women attending a five hour class.  I thought I would be exhausted after five hours of creating but I honestly had a hard time leaving.  I was considering trying to sneak out to dinner with Tim and his friends but I was concerned that they would call security on the crazy stalker! LOL!
Here's the almost finished piece.  Each of those squares in a piece of grungeboard that has either been embossed, painted, stamped, sanded, etc.  Tim walked us through a bunch of techniques and I'm pretty sure we used every Ranger product available!  Not only is this a great piece of art but it serves as a reminder of techniques that we can use on future projects.

Ahhh....such a great time...

3 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

That must have been so much fun Kim! Looks like a fabulous masterpiece!

Teresa Abajo said...

Beautiful work! I'm so glad to hear you loved the class. I'm all booked to do a class with Tim next month - I'm getting so excited now. Hope you're well Kim :)

Kathi said...

Jealous, but thrilled for you.

Great project.