photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Monday, May 2, 2011

Keep it Simple

Today's card was inspired by one that I saw in a SU! mini catalog. I loved the combo of a bright, bold color with the kraft. I was also anxious to see one of the new Papertreyink sets that I purchased months ago, Background Basics: Newsprint. I've always been a sucker for any kind of print in the background of card and this newsprint image is no exception...I love it! And I think it's kind of fun paired with the soft, frilly butterfly image, from the Butterfly Kisses set.
And how about this same layout but in a different color...so easy! I also dry embossed a piece of kraft cardstock behind the stamped cardstock. You can just see a hint of the embossing peeking out. I used foam tape to mount the embossed cardstock for a little dimension. The sentiment is from the Signature Greetings set.

The best part about these two cards? They only took about 10 minutes to make!! Easy peasy and oh so simple!

1 comment:

Tina said...

these are so beautiful...lovely cards

Tina