photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Keep it Simple Sunday

Today's Tip: Use a pre-decorated piece of chipboard, preferably with glitter, to add instant bling! "It's beginning to look a lot like....cough, sputter, ack...It can't possibility be close to Christmas, can it? I can hardly believe that September is around the corner, which puts us a mere three and a half months from Christmas! Someone slow down the clock...I am not ready to even consider cold weather and holidays...I am, however, ready (almost) to think about holiday cards thanks to a CAS (Clean and Simple) theme challenge posted on SCS. About two years ago, I purchased an adorable holiday kit from Say it with Letters. The kit included a chipboard album, lots of fun embellishments, and fantastic papers. When I set out to create today's card, I remembered those wonderful papers. I found a few left over scraps (I have managed, in two years, to cover the pages of the album...) that were a perfect accent and combination for my card. Don't they look great together? I wish I knew what company the papers are from...anyone know? The sparkly tree was also included in the SIWL kit and I actually plan on using it on the front of the album, if I ever get around to finishing it! The tree looked so great with this card that I had to go with it and then I'll reuse it on my album. :-) The cardstock and ribbon is from Stampin' Up! and the sentiment is from a MFT set. Enjoy and raise your hand if you'd like to turn back the clock to June and start the summer over again!

No comments: