photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Chipboard Tuesday - Birthday Sparkle Challenge

This week's dip into the bucket of chipboard revealed an ice cream sundae...yum! I laughed when I pulled this out, thinking "what am I going to do with this!" Alas, I am not a designer whose ideas pop into my head very quickly! But after some thought I realized this would be great for a birthday card. And since I left the creation of this card until just a few hours ago (egads!) I knew I had to create something quick...and here she is!

I used a background stamp from SU!, that was retired ages ago. It has a bunch of birthday greeting messages, written in different fonts, covering the stamp. Since I adore fonts of all shapes and sizes I thought this would make a nice background. The colors were choosen from the SU! paper used to cover the ice cream sundae cup and scoop. I was initially going to leave the chipboard piece as is but then...I just couldn't! I'm sure you can all relate! The sundae was mounted on a pumpkin pie oval, which was attached to a lovely corragated strip of apricot paper. The bottom section of the card received a few tiny embossed circles thanks to my Crop-a-dile. And I know ice cream really doesn't have rhinestones in it but I simply had to glam up my scoop with a crystal cherry and tiny rhinestones at the edge!

You see those tiny rhinestones? I have been searching for something like this high and low and I finally found them in Taylor's new online store, Taylored Expressions. You receive over 600 rhinestones, in different colors, for only $3.99! (They're also available in clear.) If you're interested, hurry, supplies are limited!!

Your challenge this week? Create a birthday card that includes a bit of sparkle...Now this is an easy challenge so please play along! Leave a comment with a link back to your creation and I'll post any and all pieces on my blog next week.

Enjoy!

No comments: