photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Monday, November 21, 2011

Lunch Bag Gift Card Holder

Happy Monday my blogging peeps! How is everyone today? Ready for Thanksgiving? I can't wait! But before we talk turkey, let's talk gift card holders! This one is made from a paper lunch bag...isn't that the greatest idea! It's not my original idea but was inspired by a project found in Card Maker magazine. I'll be creating this project with my crafting buddies at an upcoming Wholly Scrap! class that is focused on using Spellbinders dies.

One of the goals of our Spellbinders class is to create a fairly quick and easy project, something that can be completed in about an hour and this project fits the bill! To create the paper sack card holder, I simply folded a brown paper bag in half and secured the sides with glue (hey, class participants, no creating your project early! LOL!) I then covered the front of the paper sack with papers from Little Yellow Bicycle (Winter & Wonder line). The dies used are from the Labels Nine set. I also used a Just Rite stamp set, You Inspire Me, to decorate the outside frame around the sentiment, from the Primitive Christmas set from Sweet 'n Sassy.

The inside card, which is easily pulled out by the little button tab (buttons and ribbon from Papertreyink), was created by embossing some plain cardstock and again layering the LYB paper. The largest Labels Nine die is the gift card holder and I simply cut a slit in the label for the gift card. A piece of foam tape keeps the gift card from sliding out of the slit. I finished up my project with a few Dew Drops and scallops.

Enjoy! And if you want to give this project a try, do so and leave me a comment with a link back to your blog or online gallery to show me your project. I'll give you until next Monday (great day-after-Thanksgiving project) to comment and then I'll pick a random winner from the list of commenters to receive a stamping grab bag of goodies from me!

No comments: