photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Monday, July 14, 2008

Round Inchies

In the "official" rule book, can inches be round? :-) I adore inchies but thought that with this card I'd try to use a circle that was approximately an inch in diameter vs. a one inch square.

The image I used for this card is from a long retired SU! set. It's a great set with four large, detailed images of children's nursery rhymes. This image is based on the "Three Men in a Tub" rhyme. Since this is a large image I only needed to stamp the picture once and then use my Spellbinders circle die cut to cut out each inchie, which focused on each man's face; the butcher, baker, the candlestick maker. I then backed my inches with a blue that matched the blue in my patterend paper. The base of this card is black, which is a change for me but I really like the contrast of black and should try to use it more often. I thought that the strip of Cuttlebug'd yellow looked like bubbles! My only regret is that I did not emboss the sentiment as it's a bit difficult to read on the striped paper.

So how about you...do you like inchies too? How about trying out a creation with round inchies this week!!

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Hazel said...

I think round inchies could catch on - they look great!

Mandy said...

I say it counts! Your card is very cute! :)

emilia in Taiwan said...

great idea. I never think of "round" inch. Cool!